Shakespeare
I have been in a really weird mood this week. I keep laughing at things that my roommates insist aren't funny. (Shows what they know) And I keep having these random flashes of Shakespeare. When I was walking in the wind yesterday it totally reminded me of when Benvolio and Mercutio are teasing Juliet's nurse in Romeo and Juliet. "A sail, a sail..." Which makes sense because my skirt and scarf and hair were blowing everywhere. But "To be or not to be..."? Much as I like Hamlet, I'm not sure how he applies to my life today. I should be trying to understand my P-chem lab for tomorrow. Something about gas viscosity. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow....(see what I mean? more random Hamlet!) I am skipping out of Horticulture 20 minutes early and going to ISU bible study! Hooray! So no one else in my house thought this was funny- I laughed out loud.
3 comments:
Hmm...I didn't find it all that funny either. Amusing maybe...
That's awesome that you're coming to ISU bible study. Do you have supper plans afterwards? Maybe a group of us could grab something before you head back?
Luke: yeah, I still think it's hillarious, must be something wrong with you. :) As for afterwards, I'm just along for the ride- hopefully we will cause I won't get a chance to eat a real supper.
Annayo: Be thou as chaste as ice, as pure as snow, thou shalt not escape calumny. Get thee to a nunnery, go. :)
I'm all about the pizza guy and moving to alaska RIGHT NOW. :P
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Jenny, I thought it was funny.
But then, my room mates tell me I laugh at things that aren't funny, either. So my vote probably doesn't count.
Post a Comment