"Nothing on the calendar" is fast turning into lots of stuff going on. :) Ah well, such is life.
So last Thursday Bob and I and Sprout met Amber, Kaleigh, Nic and Amanda in B-ton for supper at Avanti's. It was so good to see them all, and actually spend a little bit more time with them than just saying hi at church. We laughed a lot about all sorts of things. It made my heart happy.
I dragged Bob to ACE and Menards on Saturday, poor guy. I want to attempt to build a lamp base. The kind I've fallen in love with start at about $200, which is ridiculous for a lamp. So far the supplies have been cheap, and if I totally screw it up it's not that much of a waste. I had lots of fun wandering the aisles both places. And Bob got to deal with "I need at least 7.25 linear feet of thicker-ish wood." We sort of conned one of the employees into cutting it all for us for "transportation purposes." It wouldn't have fit in the car, so he was going to cut it once for us anyway, and hey, while you have the miter box and the saw out, you mind cutting off another 30 inch piece? hehe.
Matt and Jake came over Saturday night for pizza... fun times, but I couldn't work on my lamp. We went over to Bob's parents for a little bit tonight and used the band saw and drill press, so now I just need to sand and stain the wood.... I think it's all going to fit together... we shall see how it turns out.
Weekends go way to fast.
Blessings.
4 comments:
post a pic of the lamp when you finish it. ;)
I am catching up on you again. Hope Matt sets up your and Ed's blog for Mom and Dad. They would enjoy it. Want to see the lamp too.
Enjoyed Christmas and missed Bob. Tell him I guess you will have to visit us:)
Love you,
Karen
It sounds like that 4H wookworking project experience is coming in handy!
haha... yeah, since most of what I remember from 4H woodworking is sanding, and more sanding, and more sanding.
Post a Comment