Monday, January 24, 2011

Thin ice

I was kind of a panz on Friday... short weeks just feel so much longer than regular weeks. I wanted to go to sewing club Thursday night, we hosted potluck Friday night, and I really didn't want to stay up super late to get ready after sewing club. So I took half the day off on Friday. Hooray for eating lunch at home and leisurely making the meat and setting the table. We had pork loin. I made two recipes, a really basic butter and onions in the crock pot and one Bob picked with cumin and cinnamon and brown sugar in the oven. They both turned out really good, the spicy one tasted almost Indian. I was just glad I didn't burn them and they weren't dry. It's been since before Christmas since we've had potluck so it was really good to be with them all again.

Saturday was a very lazy day... our house was clean, our fridge is full of leftovers.... no work for me! haha. Shelly and some of her friends went ice skating at Ron and Kary's so we joined them for a little bit. It was great. I love skating.


They didn't tell us it was just girls... poor Bob... all alone. Well, other than Ron who was clearing the ice off. :)

Something was funny... last year Shelly asked for "warm clothes" for Christmas so we got her a very useful reversible camo/ blaze orange neck gaiter. And Wendi-with-an-i looks cute as always.

Shelly tried to take our picture... we look funny....


I got a different shade for my lamp. I like it much better.

The geranium that we're keeping for Grandpa and Grandma Beutel is still going strong! Parts of it are looking a little scraggly, I should probably trim it a little bit. Hooray for fresh blooms in sub-zero temps! I love it!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

it was fun to have you ice skating with us! you were quite impressive!

Anonymous said...

You are so impressive. Mom couldn't say enough about how creative and ingenious you are (in different wording:). I wonder if she knows how to check the comments?
They really enjoyed the visit and she told me about different things including your curtains, lamp, etc.
Lamp is impressive.