I mean, family. Hehe. Sorry Mom. Anyway.
Sunday was a pretty busy and long day... and a really good day. We got up super early and went to Champaign for Hannah and Grant's wedding. Church was very full of all kinds of people I never see anymore, and we got to meet little Grey... :) The wedding was beautiful... I can't really put my finger on why, but I felt so very blessed to be there. Hannah's a super cool girl, I met her when I was at U of I and she was still in High School, and it's been great to watch her grow... I have a lot of respect for her. The reception was beautiful and we got to see more people, which I love.
So then we headed home. I made the mistake of lying down for a few minutes... and fell asleep. Thankfully I woke up right at 5, when we needed to be leaving for my parents'. And I was once again reminded why I generally avoid naps at all costs. I wake up woozy. As in borderline nausea and fuzzy head woozy. Not refreshing at all. Bob was laughing at me because I was slightly out of it until I drank some pop to clear my head. :)
My parents invited the Roemersbergers over for supper and they are always late so we made it in plenty of time. Uncle Bill is the only one of Grandma's siblings left... they were there and some of mom's cousins and a few of my second cousins. Always an interesting time. Mom's cousin and his wife were visiting from Alaska- they got married in the 70's, bought a school bus and turned it into a camper, drove it to Alaska, and lived in it while they built a house up there. They have some great stories to tell and it was fun listening to them.
And then we had to go to work on Monday... it was rough... haha.
Blessings.
2 comments:
must be hereditary; I can't take naps either :(
Hooray for genes! Some days I really wish I could! It's just not worth it though. :)
Post a Comment