We have two working toilets! Yay! Thursday night Bob and his dad worked on the plumbing... Rustin came over briefly to help move our living room furniture and he got roped into helping a little bit too. Sally and I worked on peaches and agreed that we would rather slave over a hot stove than do plumbing, especially toilet plumbing. It sounded rather miserable- it's easy to see where the toilet pipe is in the basement, but because of how the foundations and walls are it's next to impossible to work on it. They got the flange replaced by 11... and then we realized that the old, stiff water line was too short by just a tiny bit. So frustrating! We got a nice new braided one on Friday and so far no leaks so it's all good!
One bad thing about two toilets and a bigger house is that it takes way longer to clean. mur. I worked on that some Saturday, ran to the farm for tomatoes, started to tame the jungle that is the side of our house while Bob mowed, started doing tomatoes, and got lazy and ordered pizza for supper. I know, I'm such a slacker. My feet hurt by the end of the night... *sigh* I don't think I want to calculate the increase in psi on my poor feet. My days of running on gravel are long over, sadly.
Church was full Sunday and my brothers were there for the men's sing... Mom and Dad came for the afternoon program, and the Streits... They stopped by after church to see the new floors and take the tour. hehe. I really haven't gotten anything unpacked yet. Bob even mentioned that there weren't any pictures or "personal touches." Um... oops... maybe this week!
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment