Thursday, October 20, 2011

A rose by any other name...

... would smell as sweet. 

Or not.  Sometimes we call Cecily 'miss stinky-buns'.  We're terrible, I know.  *grin* 

Anyway... speaking of names... it's kind of cracking me up how people are having trouble with her name!  It's Sess-ah-lee.  (Sicily is a Mediterranean island and therefore a noun, which we are not fond of.)   Granted, it's not a common name- I only know one other Cecily.  But still- it's an old name.  A very, very old name. So funny, because I kind of figured that our criteria of gender-specific and slightly old fashioned would be easy for people.  Guess not!  *sigh*  We picked a weird name for our daughter and didn't even know it.... woe is us!    

So last night we took her to church for the first time.  I was a wimp and sat by Bob just in case.  (Since, you know, if she cried he would have been able to do something about it.)  She had the hiccups for a little bit, but then she slept pretty peacefully through the rest of the service.  *phew*  Ahhh... I have no idea what I'm doing!  What if she would have been fussy?  At what noise level do you take them out?? 

The rest of the night was not so good... third night in a row... ugh.  And then today some of my coworkers came to visit us, which was fun and slightly weird.  Colliding worlds...   

Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the minister looks up to see where all the ruckus is coming from...that's when you get out!

Greg

Laura said...

I knew it was time to get out at provings one time, when my child got really noisy and the person had to ask the minister "I am sorry, I didn't catch that can you repeat the question"!

Jenny said...

*grin* Today I took her out when she started filling her pants loudly during the consecration prayer...

Anonymous said...

Love it! I have found that parents with their own children generally take them out before they are too noisy cause they are most aware. And if someone looks, it doesn't necessarily mean they are too loud cause I love to hear the baby sounds!
I can ignore others children and concentrate pretty well (it comes from experience of trying to concentrate over my own on the telelphone:)