Friday, September 18, 2015

Anniversary giveaway #3!!

Cecily picked Tate!!  We will get it to you soon so you can brush up on your elemental knowledge.


Thanks for commenting!!

This week the books I'm going to give away are "The Prayers of an Excellent Wife" and "Water of the Word" by Andrew Case, because I got married in the course of writing this blog! 

These books are great. They are devotional/ prayer books for wives and husbands....  Each page has a different scripture that has been written out in the form of a prayer for your spouse.  There are also different quotes about prayer throughout. 

For example, if you've never seen anything like this before (I hadn't!):
pg. 64 of "The Prayers of an Excellent Wife"
Almighty God,
Be to my dear husband a rock of refuge, to which he may continually come.  For You, O Lord, are his hope.  May his mouth be filled with Your praise, and with Your glory all the day.  O God, be not far from him; O my God, make haste to help him!  May he hope continually and praise You yet more and more.  Let his mouth tell of Your righteous acts, of Your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past knowledge.
So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake him, until he proclaims Your might to another generation, Your power to all those to come (Psalm 71).
Among all the formative influences which go to make up a man honoured of God in the ministry, I know of none more mighty than his own familiarity with the mercy-seat.  All that a college course can do for a student is coarse and external compared with the spiritual and delicate refinement obtained by communion with God.  While the unformed minister is revolving upon the wheel of preparation, prayer is the tool of the great potter by which he moulds the vessel.  All our libraries and studies are mere emptiness compared with our closets.  We grow, we wax mighty, we prevail in private prayer. ~Charles Spurgeon

I have appreciated this book because I'm not good at knowing how to pray for Bob beyond the basics. 

Leave a comment and I will enter your name into the next drawing!  If you aren't married- they make great gifts so you should still comment!  I'll let the girls pick a name next Friday.  *grin*

Blessings.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh!! I would love this!!! :)

sarah said...

Count me in for this one!

Anonymous said...

hehehe. It'll be funny if I win....

Jim and Rachel said...

I love reading your blog, Jenny! Please put me in the drawing :) Thanks!

Grant and Hannah Herrmann said...

here's my comment. :)
-hannah