Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Lazy days

You know she must be tired when she falls asleep mid-snack.  *grin*  Teething throws her sleep schedule off so much.  There are only two more teeth to come through!  We may have to have a party when they do...  silly baby.
I've been sewing a lot lately.  I'm not sure why... I have 4 different projects going right now, which is crazy.  And then I broke my sewing machine. I sewed over a pin and the needle hit it just right and shoved it down into the bobbin case.  Ugh.  Such a horrid clunk.  It completely threw off the timing so now I need to find time to take it to be repaired.   
Before it broke I made the girls hooded cloaks.  We have little blue riding hood (aka Elsa) and a little red riding hood (or a hobbit).  They look so funny running around the house in them.  
Friday evening we got new cell phones!  I now have a smart phone.  Eek.  It's very strange.  We've had the same phones since we got them together when we were engaged...  so long ago.  It was the biggest upgrade they'd done in a long time, imagine that.  We ate supper at Avanti's afterwards, thankfully they weren't super busy so our crazy girls didn't bother too many people.  They both ate tons of bread and spaghetti and we only spilled one glass of water.

Bob took the girls to Bass Pro on Saturday while I made cookies for him to take to work... it was a good trade.  He said Emmy didn't stop pointing and saying 'Oh!' 'Tsssk!' 'Wo-wo-wo!'   
 Cecily told me all about the animals and the fish.  They didn't seem to be too sure about the big bear.
 New phones mean the girls get to play with our old ones.  Cecily carries on long conversations with people and Emmy walks around and says "Um" and "K."  She will also hand me a calculator and want me to talk to her on it.
This is probably a pretty good mimic of my "Will you be quiet, I'm on the phone!" face.
 Ready for church!  Emmy wants to wear shoes but I don't have any dress shoes/sandals in her size... and why wear shoes if you don't have to?  Cecily is excited for Sunday school, which she loves. 
 Oh little bee.  This little hobbit loves to eat!  Breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, dinner, supper, bedtime snack...  She also will hand me her empty plate Oliver Twist style, "Please sir, I want some more." 
 Purple potatoes!  We grew half a row of them because I saw them next to the regular seed potatoes and they looked fun.  They are purple outside and inside, although the longer they cook the color gets lighter. 
I took Cecily to the dentist for the first time this week.  She was pretty brave, but she was not impressed with the mouth suction (she doesn't do the hand dryers in public restrooms either).  She didn't have any cavities and was pretty excited about her new toothbrush and pencils and stickers.  I have one cavity.  Woe is me. 
Today I invited us over to the farm for lunch so that I could finish some sewing projects on my mom's sewing machine.  The girls got to go swimming... although I don't think they spent much time in the pool.  Little miss preferred the bucket.
Little bee rode the tractor.
Dad saved me some Beechies from the farm progress show.  We used to fight over them and I'm not sure why...
Blessings.

1 comment:

Grant and Hannah Herrmann said...

I still don't wear shoes on Titus to church! For so many reasons, it doesn't make sense. Thankfully bare feet look pretty cute with gray dress pants and pink suspenders. :)