Thursday, September 10, 2015

Labor day and other happenings

We "camped" again over Labor Day Weekend.  Friday was a crazy day... I did 5 pounds of pears in the morning, ran my sewing machine to the repair place, cleaned the house, and got ready for the weekend.  And I was super grumpy and in a bad mood.  And it was hot and humid.  So when Bob got home at 6 I informed him that we were not sleeping in a tent and I was not cooking over a fire.  It simplified packing and the girls and I got our supper at a decent time.  We went out to the timber for the evening and snacks.

Saturday the girls and I met everyone at the lake and swam. I took no pictures. Emmy loved the sand and the water; Cecily is not a fan of moss, even with water shoes.  We ate lunch there and then came home for naps. 

This little bee was rested and refreshed after a 2 hour nap (unheard of!!) and sooo excited to go back to the timber.
 They both got very full of sand.
 Emmy was getting close to their "zoo."  Unfortunately for them, her mother did not care in the slightest if she wrecked it... 
 It was hot.  They didn't light the fire Saturday evening.
 I have a bar and a cup of water and nothing in the world could make me happier...
 Three girls in a hammock.
 
Everyone went home Saturday night... the girls ready for church Sunday morning!  Someone told me Emmy's cute little tweed dress was the 'most unique' dress they'd ever seen on a little girl.  I don't think it was a compliment.  I found it amusing... *grin*
 
After naps we went back to the timber for supper.  And then Bob went home because he wasn't feeling well.  So I was tired and flying solo and it kept her happy so yes, she did walk around with a can of Pepsi.  I don't think she actually drank much of it, mostly just spilled it on herself.
Brent took the kids on gator rides.  
We played a bunch of 'Minute to win it' games before it got dark and I did not take any pictures.  Not that I would have shared them anyway. I brought the girls home pretty soon after that since Emmy was grouchy and it's hard to keep track of kids in the dark.  It was a good weekend, in spite of my mood.

We all slept in on labor day... woot woot.  I made homemade ice cream.  Cecily said Emmy looked like Noah.
 Usually she will only eat 'brown' ice cream, but she made an exception.
 They were fixing their vehicles.  With a pencil and a crayon. 
 Since it hasn't been quite so hot we walked up to the library...
Today I voted. Cecily got pink cowboy boots.  And spent quite a while digging holes in the mulch while Emmy played in the rainwater by the downspout. It was a good day.
Blessings.

No comments: