So early Monday morning Galen R. came to install the crown molding around the top of our cabinets. It was very exciting, although the girls were not impressed with the nail gun. After he left Emmy thought she was going to help me move the extra pieces.
It looks so finished... finally... it's only been since May. *grin* Last thing on the list is the light over the sink... My counters are never this clear, I took the pictures right after he was done.
Boxes are the best toys. And she's mimicking her book, "Christina Katerina and the Box."
On Tuesday, Nathan and Michelle invited us to celebrate Bilbo's birthday. We wore hobbit inspired clothing and ate a feast fit for a hobbit. I brought meat pies and stuffed mushrooms, we also had chicken, mushroom soup, seed cakes, mini apple pies, bread, and Bilbo's birthday cake! It was great fun.
The girls ate supper at the farm and then got dressed up in their cute little hobbit dresses and came over later. Cecily has on a hand-me-down dress from Aunt Shelly... she had to take it off because the dye was rubbing off onto her skin. Emmy still has on her hobbit outfit. Such a little hobbit.
After Thursdays lovely news from CAT, we spent Friday visiting Bob at work and going to his division picnic. The girls enjoyed the white board at the office, the gift shop, and the playground at the park.
It was a really pretty day. Little Bee is totally Daddy's girl.
Cecily spent most of the time on the swings.
We headed home when Emmy started getting tired. She fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot. Playing with their new CAT train.
On Saturday I left the girls with Bob (who took them to his parents for the day) and headed to IKEA with Mom and Shelly. I drove, as per tradition. Ha. Such a cool store. I came home with lots of stuff we probably don't need. Good times.
Sunday evening we went to Rustin and Sharon's for his Mom's birthday. I made the cake and it turned out pretty good.
Monday I had a dentist appointment to get a cavity filled. Woot. The girls and I took lunch out to the field and then they got to stay for combine rides while I got a filling. I think they had more fun. Nothing better than chicken nuggets at the field with Grandma and Grandpa. *grin*
Big sister's in bed so I get the toys all to myself! Little Bee has been done nursing for a week! And she has been sleeping 10-12 hours at night for a week!! I have been able to stay in my bed for at least 8 straight hours for a week!! I feel like I'm alive again!! It's amazing. 16.5 months is a good run though, I'm kind of proud of that. *grin*
Blessings.





No comments:
Post a Comment