Sunday, September 20, 2015

O me, I got stung by a bee


It's been quiet around here this last week. No major projects, or disasters, or crisis.
This little one likes to help me unload the dishwasher.
 And she loves it when Daddy brings home snacks from work.
 Oh these two... still in their pj's with their matching cowboy boots. 
 So we were outside last Saturday and somehow a bee that I had shooed away from Cecily ended up under the hem of my shirt and I got stung, right on my stomach.  Probably for the first time since I was a kid and hadn't figured out that I had to watch my step if I was going to wander barefoot through clover.  It hurt really bad and left a red itchy ring...  woot woot.  We also discovered two different wasp nests on the east side of the house.  Ugh.  Fall is not my favorite season because it is all-of-the-spiders-try-to-come-in-the-house season, but it will be nice for the stinging insects to disappear.

Saturday evening I went to Kyle's testimony.  It was a blessing, of course.  We were in W-ton on Sunday for the baptisms.  Cecily was excited to go to Sunday school with Summer at 'Grandma Kathy's church.'  She walked right in and stood next to Summer, until she saw Auntie Shelly; then she had to stand by her for singing.  We went to the farm for a little bit after church, home for supper, and Bob went to a presentation in the evening. 

Poor Cecily has had a plantar wart for a looooong time.  The over the counter stuff was not helping, so we finally went to the Doctor to have him burn it off.  She was very brave so she got a treat afterward.  She picked chicken nuggets and she wanted to go inside... not just the drive thru.  Her foot must not have been hurting her too much because she spent most of the time playing in the play place (barefoot.  ick.) with a little boy while Emmy ate her nuggets. 

Emmy's had it with us and is shipping herself to Australia. 
 So we inherited a hummingbird feeder that the ants discovered.  It was really interesting to watch them go up normal sized (on the right ) and come down swollen with syrup (on the left).
 This little bee loves raspberries.  Um!! Um!!
 After the girls go to bed I've been painting the last two cabinet doors (Since I had to reorder-  I measured twice this time.)  This is my awesome spray tent because I ended up buying a cheap sprayer so they would match. Or at least blend.  I'm very glad we had Herb paint the bulk of the doors and drawers.  So. Much. Work. And his look way better than mine.   
 It rained a lot one day so the girls helped me check another room off my Spring Yearly cleaning list. Or something.  I told Bob that I cleaned our room and he looked at me like I was crazy.  Which, no, it wasn't filthy.  However, I can't fit the vacuum under one of our dressers and the dust bunnies get pretty large and scary.  

Saturday morning we all woke up to the neighbor's granddaughter ringing the doorbell.  She was bored and wanted Cecily to ride bikes with her.  So the girls got up and got breakfast and spent the morning going up and down the street, and in our back yard, and their back yard, until finally it was time for lunch.  She rang the door bell a couple more times to see if we were done.  Bob took the afternoon shift... haha.  Their house is now officially on the market and I'm not sure if I should pray for neighbor kids or not.....  

They had time to sail boats in the sink with Daddy in between playing with Jovie.  They were both soaked. 
 Ok, so this poor little cubbyhole in the kitchen:  It's very weird.  It only goes halfway back so the only things that fit in it are my springerle rollers.  I vote to just nail the door on and be done with it.  Bob votes to hinge it.  Hinging would require figuring out how to drill the special hole to fit the hinges so they all match.  We are at an impasse.  Thoughts?
 The Beutel Chili supper was Saturday evening.  The chili was delicious, the weather was great, and the girls had a lot of fun.  We didn't stay late though since the girls were up early and Bob's allergies are bothering him.

Tonight was pizza night and Emmy grabbed the box of breadsticks and carried it to the table all by herself.  Hehe.  Um!! Um!!
 And then while we were eating, this large bird perched on the fence in our back yard.  It was pretty cool.  It flew away before we could get a picture from outside. 
Busy little bee likes to push buttons on the laptop and then acts all innocent when she gets caught... Cecily is doing all of the squealing/talking.
Blessings

No comments: