This was the first College weekend I've ever been to. I know its crazy, but I really haven't been around that long, and I skipped out for something when ICC hosted. I don't remember what- I'm sure it was important though. :)
Dorothy was here on Friday! It was wonderful to see her again. We've been friends since we started high school together- forever ago! I felt kind of bad cause she ended up helping us U of I people get ready for college weekend most of the time she was here.
Saturday was a blessing. So much of what was said was what I needed to hear. It was so good to hear Ron again, I haven't been in Washington for such a long time. And Ted Witzig's talk was the part of the women's seminar that I had to miss- I wanted to crawl under the bench a few times during it.
My brother came! It was soo good to see him here in Champaign. I can't wait til next year when he'll be down here all the time. I kind of almost wanted to smack him for being such a doers and waiting so long that we didn't get to be in the Washington YG together. He spent the night at 711, it was such a great feeling to run over there and yell his name (I never go in there without announcing my presence- I'm afraid to) cause I needed something from him. Abby came too, it's so great to have cousins in the young group. To bad Scott and Ned were on vacation. :)
We never got an official count of the number of girls in our house Saturday night. It was some where between 25 and 30, probably closer to 30. It was crazy but good! Everything went so smoothly, thanks to Gab's organizing, and Katrina's blankets and food. Everyone who needed a shower got a hot shower, and we were all on time for church Sunday morning! We even beat some of the guys! Gab and I did end up going to Walmart at 1 am for orange juice and plastic cups (In our pj's again), but that was fun! [sorry Anna, but its 24 hrs and everything else was closed] My Grandmothers will be so proud!
Thanks to all the girls that stayed with us, for giving us the chance to be hospitable! It is such a blessing for us to give, and to let you share in a part of our lives. Sorry the house was cold...it's colder inside than outside again today. :)
Sunday after cleanup I crashed. And today I skipped computer science to sleep. My cold is a little bit better now, and it's a beautiful day!
~Romans 12:13~
5 comments:
30 Girls...all had hot showers?
Dang, that's impressive.
Well, I'm impressed anyway
Our landlord turned the hot water heater way up....so we have hot showers, but we get scalded washing dishes!
We didn't blow any fuses either!
Thank goodness for small miracles. :)
Jenny...you're sweet.
It's pretty great, when you can hear people talk about how convicted they were by the talks, and yet see that they have something like happiness from it. Seems like that's what I've heard most about college weekend today. :)
Hey Jenny! I was one of the girls that stayed with you Saturday night. Thank you so much for being willing to host that many girls. I had tons of fun and it was great to finally meet you!
aw im sad i missed you and doro and your crazy fiesta. :-) even tho im not speaking to you again for at least 2 mintues cuz you went to walmart and broke my heart :-( tear tear. will the insanity ever end? this is a good question...
Post a Comment