Me: I need my Choc chip cookie recipe
Shelly: Ok
Me: You know where mom keeps all her recipe cards?
Shelly: Where?
Me: By the microwave....right side.
Shelly: O yeah!
Me: It's under cookies
Shelly: I can't find it
Me: It's pink!
Shelly: O that one!
Me: Read it too me
Shelly: Ok, 5 cups flour, etc.... Vanilla wait I can't read the amount it's smudged
Me: Turn it over and see if its on the other side, its on the bottom by the cooking times
Shelly: There's another side?
Me: Um...yeah I just want the ingredient list.
Shelly: Oh, ok do you need the cooking times?
Me: No I don't use them.
Shelly: I think it says two table- I mean teaspoons.
Me: Ok then, bye
Shelly: Ok
Me: You know where mom keeps all her recipe cards?
Shelly: Where?
Me: By the microwave....right side.
Shelly: O yeah!
Me: It's under cookies
Shelly: I can't find it
Me: It's pink!
Shelly: O that one!
Me: Read it too me
Shelly: Ok, 5 cups flour, etc.... Vanilla wait I can't read the amount it's smudged
Me: Turn it over and see if its on the other side, its on the bottom by the cooking times
Shelly: There's another side?
Me: Um...yeah I just want the ingredient list.
Shelly: Oh, ok do you need the cooking times?
Me: No I don't use them.
Shelly: I think it says two table- I mean teaspoons.
Me: Ok then, bye
I love baking, the smooth feel of the creamed sugar, egg, and butter. The lightness when you first start folding the flour in. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. I am not used to baking here though! We have a gas oven/stove and the dial is so old you can't read the temperatures. And no timer. Which doesn't really matter that much cause I bake by feel anyway. We also don't have a hand mixer- I even asked at 711 and they don't have one either! There is only one cookie sheet in our house...so I was also using a jelly roll pan and a 9x13 cake pan. They turned out wonderful anyway!
It was probably the first time in my life that I've baked something without my Dad coming in and calling me Susie (As in "Susie Homemaker"). Or reciting his favorite quote, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I would always just roll my eyes.
The fire alarm went off in Noyes Lab today in the middle of P-Chem. It was great! We got a 20 min break while the fire trucks came, and our Professor bought us Krispy Cremes. (Some club was selling them) I also met two girls in my class, a wonderful thing because I didn't know anybody before!
Dorothy's coming in a few hours!
7 comments:
I love chocolate chip cookies. I think I used to have the recipe memorized.
Sometimes, I would make chocolate chip cookies just to eat the cookie dough. Then, I would get so sick from eating the dough that when the cookies were done, I couldn't even eat one (but I would, anyway, or 2, or 3 :-)
You inspire me to go make cookies RIGHT now but unfortunately, I'm sitting here in lab until 3.
I'm excited for college weekend! I'll see you there.
T
You know what they say: "The way to a mans heart is through his stomach!"
*grin*
Or reciting his favorite quote, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach."
Luke, did you miss that line in her post, or were you just reinforcing it?
Luke: *rolling my eyes*
Taryn: The way Gab and the rest of my roomates are eating them, I may not have any left for you to try! See you then!
Ya know, my sis used to cook a mean choc chip cookie, but when she moved to Kansas she forgot how. Pitty.
But ya, if you can cook a mean cake and/or pie, I bet the guys would be lined up around the block.
Shoot, if ya can make strawberry rhuebarb pie, I would come visit ya. And CU is a long ways away.
too bad the choc cookies are GONE... CW hasn't even begun. :-)
hey jen! i hope that you and doro had fun hanging out without me :-( mur.. oh well. i hope your cookies turned out wonderfully.. if you ever want to mix it up a little bit... i could give you my chocolate peppermint cookies.. pretty sure they will rock your world :-) love ya!
Post a Comment