Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pumpkins

The other night 711 hosted pumpkin carving for the kids from Champaign Church. We had 5 0r 6 kids come and plenty of pumpkins, so I actually got to carve one! I haven't carved a pumpkin in years! It was so much fun helping the kids- they were so cute.

I forgot how nasty the inside of a pumpkin feels- all cold and slimy. I wasn't feeling very creative so I carved a "pretty" face in mine, Katrina made the Chief, and Caleb carved M.O.B.* into one that he gave to 709. (This is NOT our house name! And neither is The Frying Pan!** Ok, so we need some help on a good house name.) It was pretty funny to hear Katrina explaining what M.O.B. meant to a bunch of grade school kids.

I got a great picture of the lit pumpkins lined up on the porch steps- unfortunately it is still in my camera. Someday I'll have to switch to digital, but I just like film so much better.

The leaves on campus are beautiful.

Last night when we were singing at the home, I overheard one of the ladies in the alzheimer's wing say, "it's just like shaking hands with Jesus!" as we were talking to them.

I get to work at Lindy's on Saturday! :)

* 1 Corinthians 7:9
** Leviticus 7:9

No comments: