Monday, October 10, 2005

Kansas II

I think I just set a personal record for number of trips to Kansas City in a six month period. This weekend was my third in about 3 months. I'm so glad I went. It was good to see my cousins again, and actually spend time with them for a change. So a few brief highlights cause I'm to lazy to write it all out:
  • driving as fast as I have ever in my life to get to Springfield, and pulling into the turn lane right behind Luke and Co.*
  • Hearing about all the crazy things guys do while driving their cars way too fast
  • Imagining a mile long line of sled dogs (guys are weird- and fidgety when they are confined for too long)
  • Live bass in stereo
  • Refilling Luke's cup with equal parts Lemonade, Hi-C, Powerade, topped off with an inch of diet coke**
  • Having my estimation of Luke go up about 110% for not acknowledging our level of immaturity
  • Seeing how much Cailer has changed in a month!
  • Hanging out with Neal
  • Going shopping and out to lunch with Aunt Karen
  • Kansas City Church
  • Kansas People
  • The late night Rook game Scott and I almost won- o wait, it isn't over yet!
  • Krispy Cremes, brownies, and soup
  • Going to McDonald's twice
  • Not reading the CD labels
  • Spending approximately 13 hrs in the middle of the backseat
  • Getting 3 calls to make sure I got to Champaign safely
Good times. Thanks guys, for putting up with me!

*Cody, Warren, and Ash
**it was all Cody...ok maybe not :)

2 comments:

Luke said...

*grin*

Anonymous said...

come visit me!! crazy kansas.. geesh. we have trees here.. its pretty cool :-) haha. so how are all those "mature u of i boys?" ha ha. love ya!