Thursday, October 20, 2005

Singing in the Rain...

There are few things so miserable as walking all the way to the engineering campus in the rain...

Until I stopped to think about it and I realized that there is one thing far worse: tent camping in the Boundary Waters in the rain.
So I stopped being miserable and started being thankful. I am thankful for my umbrella. I am thankful for my cozy U of I hoodie. I am thankful for my not-so-warm, but dry house. I am thankful for my down comforter. I am thankful for Cocoa. I am thankful for how quiet the rain makes me feel.

A Boundary Waters sunset:


My brother brought me his pictures from our family vacation when he was here for CW. It was our second time as a family to go canoeing in the BWCA and my third time.
I went with some Eureka girls the summer before my senior year.

The first time I went with my family I was a junior and we went for 6 days. It rained every single day. I was cold and wet and miserable the whole time. And it was still one of the best trips I've ever been on.
This summer we went for 6 days, and it was beautiful for 6 days.
Heading out:

Mom and Dad cooking


Matt and Jake


The john :) And yes, those are wild raspberries.

The canoe Matt and I broke...and bought *

Moonrise

I can't wait to go back!

.....I'm Happy again!


* It was all Matt's fault!! :) He was in back, so therefore responsible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha so i think that you are insane that you like "roughin it" for 6 days in the rain!? wow.. i respect ya sista, but i still think you are straight up crazy.
;-) hey remember that one time that we went canoeing? haha aw good memories. i hope that you keep on singing.. as for me.. i gots to go do homework before band. woot. :-) much love!

Luke said...

Sheesh..sounds like Matt needs to learn how to steer a canoe eh?

Me said...

It is a blast up there isn't it? And just think, how often do you use the "facilities" and get to eat raspberries at the same time?

Modern luxeries.

Jenny said...

Anna: I think you should come with me sometime- then you would change your mind. Or go crazy. :) Or we could go wimpy canoeing again and take the short trip!

Luke: Or something...he zigzags like no other

Tom: Exactly!

Anon said...

Uhmm...you go to the engineering building, you took engg phys, but you don't like thermo. What's your major?

Jenny said...

I am a chemistry major! I do not want to be a teacher...and I'm not super interested in being a researcher. So I'm not sure where that leaves me- but I like chem. :)