Thursday, August 25, 2011

A few more pictures

The floors are all in! Yay! Now to put the trim back on...

This is the green bathroom that is still a mess. I got greyish vinyl to sort of go with the black counter top, and to hide dirt in the hallway right outside. This toilet did not make for a good Tuesday morning... it's older and bigger than the other one, the water supply line is different, and all of the bolts were rusted. So rusted that they broke when Bob tried to unscrew the nuts. And the screws that hold the completely rusted flange pulled right out of the floor. Lovely. So it's still sitting there, while we figure out if it's a Daaad-help! job or a call-a-plummer job. Also, what's a good way to get years of lime scale off of shower doors?



The hallway- I really, really like the floor compared to the old green hexagons. hehe.



The blue bathroom got white squares, it looks more grey in this picture. The baseboard is back on, but I still need to touch up the paint and hide the nails. And probably need to break out the blue AGAIN to touch up some pink spots that keep appearing. I am begining to despise 60's pink...



And the empty living room with new neutral carpet. I love it, it's super soft. I'm also glad I didn't go with something with more color... hopefully this will not be obviously out of style in 5-10 years.



This is the room at the bottom of the basement stairs. The chalkboard has a JD tractor drawn on it. Guess which brother.



The room to the left is full of my washer and dryer and freezer, plus some filing cabinets we inherited, and one of the furnaces. (yes, we have two furnaces and two air conditioners... not sure why... one theory is that they were overselling to older people?)


The other end of that room is full of electrical flotsam right now. This is the shiny new panel, the old panel was on the wall to the right.


The house was added on to at some point and the room under the addition has a walk out cellar door. I've been spray painting some register covers... with low odor water based spray paint... I'm trying to be good.


The other side of the room has a workbench and trim pieces that are getting a fresh coat of paint.


Last night I stopped and got peaches and tomatoes from my mom... I'll be busy tonight. That is, if my stove has migrated to the new electrical panel by the time I get home. We ate microwaved leftovers last night. *grin*


Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute!!

You are so good. I bought regular old Farm and Fleet paint, and yes, I've been painting. :)

Jenny said...

Honestly, the only reason I've been good about no-VOC paint is because I like that I don't get a paint headache. :)

Anonymous said...

Jenny it is looking very spruced up! But I can agree on the lack of personal touches :)

Christy G