We've been busy. Friday night Bob's mom and Sharon came over and we scoured the kitchen. It kind of needed it... Sharon scrubbed one of the bathrooms, so glad that's done! Sprout showed up from AL later in the evening and we got the living room taped for painting. woot woot!
Saturday I barely sat down, but we got a lot of things checked off the to-do list. My brothers, young Matt, Susan, Rustin and Sharon all came over to help and we got the wall paper down, the carpet out, baseboards off, other bathroom cleaned, bushes trimmed, tree trimmed, and a first coat of paint on two rooms... yeah. Many hands make light work, right? Although, too many hands and everybody gets in everyone else's way. :)
Matt and I did the painting. He insisted on rolling, so I got to cut in. Painting up by the ceilings and the corners wasn't too bad, but crawling around on the floor was not fun at all. Especially since I had to avoid tack strips in the living room. I managed to survive with only one puncture wound, and the only paint that got on me was Matt's fault... hehe. I was so stiff for the rest of the night...
We rushed home and barely got cleaned up in time to make it to the cabin for a Beutel family thing. I pretty much sat the whole time... like I said, I was a little bit stiff and sore and it hurt to move. *grin*
Sunday we went to W-ton for Troy and Ellie's wedding. They're so cute and the wedding was great and everything was really pretty. Good times, although it seems really weird that she's all married and gone now. *sniff* They just grow up so fast... hehe.
I fell asleep when we got home... I've been working too hard I guess. :) Then we went to Bob's parent's for brownies and ice cream since Saturday was his Dad's birthday. Which we totally forgot. Ooops. (Sorry!!) Someday I will have all family birthdays on the calendar and will remember to at least get a card a week in advance. Someday. Or maybe I take after my aunts... hehe.
Anyway, back to work today...
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment