Moving is frustrating. I'm tired of it. *grin*
So far, the worst of it hasn't even been the packing and painting... it's all the calling and appointments and changing addresses and coordinating. ugh. Add not enough sleep, a healthy dose of extra hormones, and much stress and what you get is an easily irritable, slightly cranky Jenny. Say a prayer for Bob. hehe.
Anyways... we had issues with getting mail right after we got married. They didn't bother to deliver to our new address, even though we had both filled out change of address and mail forwarding forms online. This time I set up mail forwarding online and was going to try and make it to the post office sometime when I got around to it and let them know in person that we were moving. And then Monday I got an email from our insurance agent... we switched to home insurance from renters insurance (obviously) and the address for that policy is our new house (also obviously). Country mailed our policy summary to the new address and when it got to the T-town post office they didn't know what to do with it. They called the Country office in town, who is not our agent, who called our agent, who emailed me. At 3:50. The post office closes at the ridiculous hour of 4:30. aarrg. I managed to get there before they closed and got it straightened out...
The thing I don't quite get is that Tremont is a small town. The city called Bob weeks ago, before we even closed on the house, wanting to know when we needed the water turned on. I heard that the sale has even been discussed at the library... But the letter carrier didn't notice that the for sale sign was gone? And they couldn't put two and two together? Or call us directly? *sigh*
So yes, annoying start to the week. A lot of our families came over later that night and got our books moved and a bunch of other stuff done. Shelly got up close and personal with the insides of my kitchen cabinets again, hehe.
Tuesday Mom and Donna came and painted- it's all done except for some touchups! Yay! And I like all the colors on the walls, so that's a plus. Herb was also over looking at our electrical... looks like that's going to be a bigger, more expensive project than anticipated, of course. Welcome to home ownership, right!? O well, better a little money and time now than burning the house down around our ears.
I'm hoping and praying (maybe even begging) that the rest of the week goes smoothly...
Blessings.
2 comments:
Oh Jenny, I've lived in my apartment for 5 years. Do you think the Mail Clerk remembers that only CHRISTY GRESS gets mail in the mailbox at 123 S West.
I will enjoy chatting with you in the morning when I walk by your house! I make loops in the town cemetery.
O dear... :) hehe.
I'll be sure and say hi if I see you! Although, it depends on how early you walk- I'm not much of a morning person! :P
Post a Comment