Friday, August 12, 2011

Red Mountain Music

I love it when people put old hymns that no one sings (or are hard to sing) to new music... I have two of their CD's and I've been listening pretty exclusively to them the last few weeks. And I love that this one comes from Psalm 61.

Lead Me to the Rock
Taken from the Gadsby Hymnal # 1104
Words - S.Turner or Bennet , 1838.

Convinced as a sinner, to Jesus I come
Informed by the gospel for such there is room;
Overwhelmed with sorrows for sin I will cry
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

When sorely afflicted and ready to faint,
Before my Redeemer I’ll spread my complaint;
’Mid storms and distresses my soul shall rely
On Jesus, the rock that is higher than I.

’Tis there with the chosen of Jesus,
I long to dwell and eternally join in the song,
And praising and blessings, with angels on high,
It’s Jesus, the rock that is higher than I.


The house is coming along... my sanity is slipping away... hehe. Or something. I came down with a cold this week so my head feels foggy. Slightly more foggy than normal, anyway. :) Carol came over the other night and we got the rest of the cleaning done, and Mom and Shelly and Meg helped me last night with some painting and shelf-papering. Both places look chaotic though, so it's hard to feel like there's been a whole lot of progress- and there has been! One more week. Ayiyiyiyi.

Blessings.

No comments: