Our new house... the red front door and porch, which I love.
This is the back yard. One of the biggest reasons I liked this house. The back fence borders the school, and the fence on the left borders the cemetery. They're completely covered with what I think are honeysuckle vines. It's hard to tell but there are also three different clumps of lilac bushes along the fence and peonies in the corner.
And looking back towards the house... my photography skills are pathetic.
So this is the living room, the green carpet is going. It's a bit dirty, but it's not worn at all, so if you want it, you're welcome to it!
Off the living room is the hallway to the bedrooms... pretty basic. :) Although, check out the parquet floors! I love it.
There are three bedrooms, they're all pretty much white boxes with wood floors currently, like this one.
And the bathroom off the bedrooms. I really like the wallpaper- it's super cute and very vintage, but... I think it's going to go. Too much pink. Every person who has stepped in this room has commented on the floor, including the guy who came to measure for vinyl. It's just such a contrast to the pink. And maybe the oddest linoleum I've ever seen.
And we've got another lovely inset vanity with fluorescent lights. Ugh. I dislike fluorescent lights intensely.
This is the kitchen, it looks really colorless right now. I love all the cabinets and counter top space and the window that looks out on the yard.
The house was added on to at some point and it's honestly a little bit disorienting the first few times you walk through it, but this is the family room right next to the kitchen. And our mantle less fireplace. One of my goals is to get a mantle before Christmas. *grin*
So the family room kind of turns the corner over here. We're not sure what it's going to be yet... maybe the office?
And next to the family room is the side entrance and second bathroom.
Lovely color choices in here, hehe. Yellow, black, and red flecked linoleum and black counter top.
And more fluorescent lights. *sigh* 2014 can take its time getting here.
Mom and Dad and Shelly came over last night and we did some cleaning and prepping for paint. Poor Dad got to play plumber and remover of things that were glued/screwed/nailed to walls and doors. Good times.
Blessings.
8 comments:
Wow, I think we had almost the same wallpaper in our bathroom and pretty much replaced everything you are going too. Good luck! Love the front door! I don't think my pink house can handle a red door, so I'll just have to settle for my red kitchen.
Awesome yard too! Lots of room for a garden!
Delicate...that's the word I've been looking for...
Greg
I think you had the most floral house I've ever seen Katie! I'm so glad that there is only one wall of wallpaper to take off. :)
I'm so excited about the yard, it'll be great for flowers too!
Greg, sometimes people act like I'm positively fragile...
Jenny, What are the dimensions of the green carpeting. I might be interested.
Teresa Rowell
lovely house...esp. the backyard!
r
Teresa- it actually went away today, sorry!
Ruth- I'm hoping there's a spot that gets enough sun for a decent garden! :)
we looked at a house with what I think was the exact same pink flowered wallpaper. However, that bathroom also had pink carpet to match. :)
Sometime I would like to come visit. Maybe after the baby is born and you are no longer in your delicate condition. Because you probably shouldn't even be cooking or cleaning in your condition. :)
Post a Comment