So we spent most of the weekend working at our new house... hooray!
We did try to sleep in on Saturday and it didn't really happen- the phone kept ringing. *sigh* O well. At least one of the phone calls was worthwhile, young Matt started repenting!
My mom worked in the kitchen.... Bob moved some stuff... Bob's mom and young Matt took on the monumental task of cleaning the basement and getting rid of years worth of spiders. Ugh. MEW came over and replaced a light fixture so now we can see in the kitchen. And I painted a bathroom in the dark. I had just started when Matt shut the power off so he could wire, and then the storm came through so there was no sunlight. Lets just say it was a pretty bad paint job and needed a second coat badly!
I had gotten a ton of boxes from friends of a friend who just moved their family to T-town, but since so much of our stuff was already in boxes and tubs and totes we haven't needed as many as we have. Plus I've been filling laundry baskets and my car every time I go over to the house. I broke down the smaller, less useful sizes and our living room is actually starting to feel empty. It's kind of sad.
Sunday was a much needed day of rest... our goal for this week is to finish the last little bit of painting and get everything but the furniture moved. Then Saturday is the big day... yikesabee. Hopefully I make it to Saturday. *grin*
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment